Senior Accountant – Manufacturing
BLOOM FARMS is on the cutting edge of the emerging cannabis movement. As one of the leaders in the industry, BLOOM FARMS takes great pride in the brand we have created. Our brand is built on providing an amazing product and customer experience, which includes a rigorous testing process, a true commitment to innovation and a company culture that is dedicated to our mission. Our company manufactures high quality cannabis products. We’re excited about the opportunity to shape an industry on the verge of a culture shift.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing finance and accounting team. This is a newly created position and will report to the controller, who manages a 4-person department. You will be responsible for recording transactions in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, that includes maintaining general ledgers; preparing and analyzing budgets; performing general bookkeeping tasks; and compiling financial statements. You will also be responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable. As the company and departments grow, you will be asked to take on new responsibilities depending on the department workload and company needs. To be successful in this role you need to love accounting, be accurate, be flexible and enjoy working an environment that is consistently changing.
The Senior Accountant is a key role supporting The Bloom Farms organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, month-end closing, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and ad-hoc reporting. Applies principles of accounting to analyze and report past and present financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
- Prepares journals and schedules for Month, Quarter, and Year end closes
- Completes account reconciliations and resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Performs detailed review and analysis of general ledger accounts and challenges financial posting data when appropriate
- Analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Continuously improve work procedures and processes, including documentation, process mapping and efficiency improvements
- Drive standardized processes across multiple locations
- Assists and completes various ad-hoc reports and special projects
- Responsible for payroll import and reviews the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Assist with review of calculation and analysis of prepaid expenses, accrued expenses and employee benefit
- Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned support staff
- Reviews accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and makes or directs correcting entries.
- Coordinate requests with internal and external auditors
- Assist in year-end physical inventory.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist with financial audits.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to the accounting systems and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying;enforcing adherence to requirements;filing reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited university
- 5+ years of related Accounting work experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications; Advanced Excel skills, Advanced QuickBook skills and Intacct is preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems and accounting flows
- Actively earned or working toward a CPA
- Previous accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Masters degree or CPA/CMA candidate preferred
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- Strong technical accounting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Form collaborative relationships with internal customers and teammates by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively and courteously
- Ability to work effectively with customers at remote locations
- Strong organizational skills; works proactively to minimize surprises
- Manages multiple time sensitive priorities effectively
- Ability to maintain integrity in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Able to articulate accounting concepts effectively to non-accountants
- Team player with the ability to work independently