Retail Merchandising Manager (Los Angeles)
Bloom Farms is on the cutting edge of the emerging cannabis movement. As one of the leaders in the industry, we take great pride in the brand we have created. Our brand is built on providing an amazing product and customer experience, which includes a rigorous testing process, a true commitment to innovation and a company culture that is dedicated to our mission. Our company manufactures high-quality cannabis products. We’re excited about the opportunity to shape an industry on the verge of a culture shift.
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Merchandising Manager (RMM) to join the Bloom Farms Marketing team. With a dedicated focus on company sales on behalf of the marketing organization, the RMM will be responsible to react to requests generated by sales while being proactive in identifying opportunities to support sales. The RMM will be focused on on increasing store sales in the retail and delivery markets. We anticipate an increase in customer traffic generated by campaigns designed and developed by the marketing organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in merchandising for a brand that works with a diverse range of non-brand-controlled retailers. We are recruiting to fill one position in Northern California and one Southern California That will share the responsibility of the growing Nevada market.
General Marketing Duties:
- Follow-up with retailers & Sales to ensure sales collateral is executed correctly and timely.
- Communicate daily with all offices and update retailer needs accordingly.
- Prepare and share weekly retail & delivery reports.
- Create and maintain up-sell, re-order and new retailer incentive programs.
- Collect all sales requests & prioritize them for creation and development before submitted to Brand.
- Receive all ordered materials & collateral that was requested, distribute to the sales team accordingly
- Maintain brand guidelines and adhere to processes
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the team lead
- Replenish and straighten all merchandise according to the current schematic through the Brand Ambassador team.
- Create a claw back process to remove damaged and discontinued merchandise.
- Ensure that displays are thoughtful and presentable. Create display materials so our Team or retailers can set up the POPs accordingly.
- Deploy new pricing stickers and signage.
- Be knowledgeable in all visual merchandising strategies and current trends to help sell the product in the store and support company sales goals.
- Provide support to merchandising, signing, and implementing visual merchandising direction at the highest level.
- Partner with department managers to uphold, teach, and maintain all visual standards.
- Be an ambassador of the brand at the store level.
- Ensure an understanding of visual merchandising directives as they pertain to all departments and the customer.
- Ensure timely installation and demonstrate the ability to properly install and remove trim/window presentations and store promotional events in a timely manner, including the ability to pack, unpack and prep all props.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail with regard to design and composition.
- Support successful execution of the in-store lighting program through proper installation, removal, and adjustment of lighting, including promotional, general store and visual enhancement lighting.
- Complete all inventory tasks and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all visual safety programs and protocols are followed, including shop and visual space organization
Trade Marketing Duties:
- Manage point of sale from conception to execution and evaluation
- Ensure brand and company point of sale items for core and promotional items remains relevant and up to date and manage inventory.
- Reporting on data and industry trends relating to trade categories
- Lead retail channel’s trade marketing strategy development to accomplish defined business objectives throughout product categories.
- Support Brand Ambassador program with demo tools, display needs, and program focused infrastructure.
- Prepare trade promotion plans with main customers.
- Develop, supervise and improve procedures to link entire marketing activities with sales team activities.
- Provide marketing assistance to the sales team through answering clients and product inquiries.
- Contribute to the organization’s goals plus objectives and enhance market share and sales performance.
- Develop, execute and performance of programs created to enhance brand presence and sell-thru.
- Support internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects and Sales support activities are completed to specifications and deadlines.
- Partner and build relationships with Sales teams across States to support account, State or National initiatives.
- Partner with retail store locations on methods for in-store solutions and consistently monitor if these methods are effective.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply
- Must have at least 3+ years of merchandising experience
- Must the ability to travel to all assigned locations.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers, store personnel, and vendors.
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel